About F.B.I.

A few thoughts on the series and movies watched

Helen Chow Fung Yee (Susan Tse Suet Sum), George Yan Daai Dak (Ivan Ho Sau Shun) and Yan Sheung (Teresa Mo Shun Kwan) at the law firm.


Lawyer 1: According to the agreement before Mrs. Brown received Mr. Brown’s property, she is clear that she can’t be with any person with the opposite or same sex. Whether it is dating, living together or marriage or else will lose the right to inherit the properties.

Helen: I know.
Lawyer 2: This [Chao magazine] has Mrs. Brown’s statement.
Reading out the magazine.
I, Chow Fung Yee and my first love Yun Dai Duk, are congenial and currently seriously dating. I also view Yan Dai Duk as a future husband.
Lawyer 1: This statement is by your will, right?
Helen: Yes, I posted it. I won’t regret.
Lawyer 1: This is the evidence, so I will officially announce Mrs. Brown you have broken the agreement. We will cancel your right to receive half a million dollars each month.
Helen: I am ready.
Lawyer 2: Not only that, Mr. Brown’s Will has a provision that was not read at the time. Mr. Brown’s Will states if Mrs. Brown dates again this provision will be affective immediately.
Helen: What provision?

Sheung: It won’t be telling you to give back the money you used before?
George: Don’t worry I’m here.
Lawyer 1: Mr. Brown wants Mrs. Brown to read it herself.
Helen: OK… You read, I’ll listen.
Sheung: Let me.
George: Daughter, dad’s English isn’t good, translate it.
Sheung: Dear Helen, When you see this paper, [I] believe you have found your second love, but because [I’m] scared that your impulsive character will lead you being tricked that’s why I used 'if you are with someone else, you will lose my property' as a threat, hoping you will think carefully. So if you admit your relationship with someone else, which means you believe this person deserves you to give up everything, it means you have found true love. You received my blessing. When you see this provision, you won’t need to receive money monthly. All inherence including property, shares and cash... will be all yours.
SHOCK

Sheung: Hope you have a happy life. The one who loves you, John.
Sheung: We are rich!
Helen: Love and money, I get both?
Sheung: Yes.
Helen: I am so ‘happy’.

George: I’m ‘happier’.

Helen: Oh George.

This is one of those scenes you know what will happen next, but it is still such a lovely and happy scene. As the saying 'It doesn't matter how old the trick is, as long as it is still acceptable.'

BTW the 'Mrs. Brown can’t be with any person with the opposite or same sex. Whether it is dating, living together or marriage or else will lose the right to inherit the properties.'
but Helen (the real Susan) was living with Susan...

0 comments:

Post a Comment