About F.B.I.

A few thoughts on the series and movies watched



Genre: Modern, Romance, Drama
Number of episodes: 25 (~45 minutes)
Released year: 2010
Executive company/producer: TVB
Producer: Lau Ka Ho
Script editors/supervisors: Wong Yuk Dak, and Leung Man Wa
Filmed location: Hong Kong
Theme song: ‘Until you stop finding me’ by Raymond Lam
Number of times watched: 1

A detective/case solving series with lots of focus on love relationships.

Cast
Tavia Yeung Yi
Raymond Lam Fung
Bernice Liu Bik Yi
Kenneth Ma Kwok Ming
Law Lok Lam
Fung So Bor
MauBau Mak Cheung Ching
Joseph Lee Kwok Lun
Mary Hon Ma Li
Candy Chiu Ching Yee
Ram Tseung Chi Kwong
Lee Chi Kay
Wan Yue Hung
Jazz Lam Tsz Sin
Lawrence Ng
Cheung Kwok Keung
Astrid Chan Tsz Ching
Tsang Wai Wan
Henry Lee Shing Cheung
Casper Chan Sze Tsai
Rachel Kan Mo Wah
Jack Wu Lok Yin
Ng Wai Saan
Cheung Wai Yi
Choi Haau Laam
Hoh Man Git
Yeung Chiu Hoi
Nathan Ngai
Law Kwan Moon
Chan Ka Wing
Poon Goon Lam
Yiu Jing Ho
Mandy Lam Shuk Man
Fu Kim Hung
Wu Kei Fung
Yeung Ying wai
Chan Wing Jun
Ho Wai Yip
Deno Cheung Chung Chi
Amy Ng Hang Mei
Pancy Chan Pui Sze
Miu Miu Ko Ho Wai
Bryant Mak Chi Lok
Lai Bing Kuen
Ma Yin
Kimmy Kwan Yuen Saan
Chalk North
Max Cheung
Chan Kin Man
Yiu Ho Jing
Lei Sin Hang
Lee Wing Hon
Gregory Lee Wing Ho
Doris Chow Lai Yan
Kelvin Leung Ching Ka
Leo Lee Ho
Joey Law Tin Yu
Angel Chiang
Ivy Ip Ting Chi
Hugo Wong Tsz Hung
Chuk Man Kwan
Janice Shum Ho Yan
Ruco/Benny/Woody Chan Chin Pang
Lisa S
Yu Yang
Vin Choi Kay Chun
Fred Cheng
Ricky Wong Chun Tong
Savio Tsang Wai Kuen`
Raymond Wong Ho Yin
Leanne Li Ya Nan
Joe Junior
Johnson Lee Sze Chit
Brian Thomas Burrell
Bruce Li Hung Kit
Joel Chan Shan Chung
Lee Yee Man
Jim Tang Wing Kin
Stephen Huynh Cheung Hing

I wasn’t looking forward or interested in this series since I am not a fan of any of the actors and actresses in here (Bernice would be my favourite if I had to choose one, but more of her personality than acting).
Since it was airing, I watched it. I didn’t have any hopes on this series since I am not a fan of the FungYi couple or individually, had no hopes on Lau Ka Ho and the crew and I am glad that I had no hopes.


It feels like some high school physics class. Of course if they made it really complex people might not understand it, but we don’t need to have a physics class by TVB. They didn’t need to explain everything like that, especially not high school physics.
And they never needed to actually catch any of the suspects, after saying the so called proof they will automatically admit to it or even kill themselves. Of course thanks to the 'know-it-all' Kingsley King.
The crew, especially scriptwriters seemed very new and they have no idea about physics but focused on it too much, the relationships were badly written too.

Tavia and Raymond or FungYi has lots of fans and they cooperated numerous times. This was probably the selling point TVB hoped for, but it flopped.
This is the second time I watched them as a couple (from what I remember). The first time was Twins Of Brothers and they didn't satisfy me in there, (it might also be that affecting me all these years so I don't like them, but I doubt it) so there aren't any positive comments about them. Luckily this time it wasn't negative like TOB, it was neutral and/or I didn‘t care. I didn't dislike or like any scenes, if I remembered any at all. Hopefully it improves for their next series with Bobby.

The only thing that I remembered and somewhat bothered me was when Raymond wanted this memory erasing machine to delete all the sad memories.
If someone's sad memories were deleted they wouldn't know what was happy or sad, they wouldn't have the comparision, the very happy would be happy and the average happy would be sad, making the person more sad...

Seeing somewhere that Lau Ka Ho mentioned that this series was more focused on love instead of cases, it kind of excuses the bad cases (not really) but that just makes the relationships worst. This one went draggy and went in circles and while the other one was draggy and went in circles and a faulty puzzle.

Bernice and Kenneth and the 'friends with benefits' theme was not done well. It was out of place, it was different puzzles pieces trying to be put together into one picture. It seems like the crew just put pieces and bits together and hoping people would understand how bi-polar and weird they were, or wait, both the actresses here are like that, changing too quick. (Or were they trying to relate Tavia to something?)
At first they both seemed cool about this 'friends with benefits', but all of a sudden Bernice is very attached but decides to leave and is attached to another person, another Kenneth, Stephen Huynh. If they didn't have Stephen in this picture, only Kenneth and his many girlfriends, it might have been better. Or was it Bernice’s acting… or should I say the limited time Bernice had.
Oh, and did I miss/forget something or did they exaggerate on the numbers for Kenneth's girlfriends. I thought there would be one every episode but it seemed like there were only a few. Haha.


After all I did have some hope in the series, hoping I would enjoy or get something out of it but it failed to do so, but should I be glad I wasn't anticipating this series so it doesn't fall into the fail category.

My Rating: 5/10, won't re-watch

0 comments:

Post a Comment