About F.B.I.

A few thoughts on the series and movies watched



Genre: Ancient, Drama
Number of episodes: 32 (~45 minutes)
Released year: 2003
Executive company/producer: TVB
Producer: Kwong Yip Sang
Production planner/manager: Law Yuen Ha
Script editors/supervisors: Cheung Wah Biu, and Leung Kim Ho
Filmed location: Hong Kong
Theme song: ‘Emperor Daughter's Fragrant Soul’ by Steven Ma and Charmaine Sheh
Number of times watched: 0.8

Series based on the popular opera play.

Cast
Charmaine Sheh Sze Man
Steven Ma Chun Wai
Moses Chan Ho
Maggie Siu Mei Kei
Sonija Kwok Sin Nei
Michael Tong Man Lung
Jay Lau Kam Ling
Annie Man Chung Han
Marco Ngai Chun Kit
Anne Heung Hoi Lam
Ellesmere Choi Chi Kin
Kenny Wong Tak Bun
Gordon Liu Kar Fai
Ken Lok Daat Wah
Lai Suen
Candy Chiu Ching Yee
Law Lok Lam
Bat Yan
Lee Chi Kay
Kwok Tak Shun
Chan Min Leung
Lau Kong
Rosanne Lui Shan
Lo Hoi Pang
Wong Wai Leung
Choi Hong Nin
Lo Mang
Au Sui Wai
Ricky Wong Chun Tong
Derrick Shing Chin Kuen
Maggie Wong Mei Ki

I watched this because I was interested in this story. ‘The song’ is very popular, even if you have no interest in Chinese opera, ‘the theme song’ has been heard before and everyone knows the first line. Although series usually don’t follow the story I was still interested in it. Another reason was because of Charmaine, Sonija and Maggie were all in here.

I took forever to finish the series, probably over 2 years, split it in more than 4 parts, stopping, continuing and even skipping parts. I got spoilers due to the long time it took for me to watch it.

It felt like a Jonathan Chik produced series with Charmaine, Maggie, Moses, and Kenny, probably due to the point I want to watch Heaven And Earth NOW and Fly With Me is airing now.

In the middle I skipped most parts and only watched the Maggie and Moses scenes. They were the best couple in here; too bad they didn’t have a lot of scenes together.

Sonija was too unlucky to have such a role and start/continue with the bad news surrounding her. In the original story she should have been a good friend instead of such a bad person.

I got bored with what was going on (all the war tactics). I guess that’s what actually stuck to the original, but I thought this was a love story.

Lots of the time it felt weird and some stuff didn’t make a lot of sense, and I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with the skipping I did. Most of the confused was near the end where I didn’t skip anything. Marco and Anne's story, and the 'weird/creative' ending, just to name some.

It was a bit long for me, and it took a long time for me to finish. If they shortened it a bit I think it would be been better but I believe was a grand production so they are usually 30+ episodes.

My Rating: 6/10, won’t re-watch

0 comments:

Post a Comment