About F.B.I.

A few thoughts on the series and movies watched



Genre: Modern, Action
Number of episodes: 20 (~45 minutes)
Released year: 2004
Executive company/producer: TVB
Producer: Marco Law Wing Yin
Production planner/manager: Ho Jan Sing
Script editors/supervisors: Alex Pao Wai Chung
Filmed location: Hong Kong
Theme song: Instrumental
Number of times watched: ~3

3 ‘angels’ that work in the Hong Kong Police’s CTU department.

Cast
Charmaine Sheh Sze Man
Sonija Kwok Sin Nei
Shirley Yeung Sze Ki
Patrick Tam Yiu Man
Timmy Hung Tin Ming
Bill Chan Shek Sau
Gilbert Lam Wai San
Stephen Au Kam Tong
Claire Yiu Ka Nei
Lo Mang
Ken Lok Dat Wah
Catherine Chau Ka Yi
Kenny Wong Tak Bun
Ram Tseung Chi Kwong
Lawrence Yan Chi Keung
Suki Lee Sze Pui
Ho Wai Yip
Bond Chan
Peter Pang Koon Chung
Dennis So
Lau Tin Lung
Martin Tong
Jason Lam Yuen Ying
Mandy Lam Shuk Man
Stephen Ho Kai Nam
Wilson Tsui Ai Wai
Johnson Lee Sze Chit
David Dia Yiu Ming
Mok Ka Yiu
Helena Law Lan
Janice Shum Ho Yan
Jacky Wong Shu Hei
Deno Cheung Chung Chi
Ricky Wong Chun Tong
Gregory Charles Rivers
Rachel Kan Mo Wah
Leung Kin Ping
Daniel Kwok
Luk Chun Kwong
Hoffman James Cheng Sai Ho
Ho Chi Cheung
Lee Kai Kit
Frederick Cheng Chun Wan
Raymond Chiu
Cha Cha Chan Man Ching
Yvonne Ho Yee Wan
Alex To Kong
Jacky Yeung Hung Chun
Wing Chan Wing Han
Kam Chi Ching
Joseph Yeung
David Tu Dai Wai
Ivy Ng
Lee Choi Ling
Stephen Wong Ka Lok
Lam Kai Yung
Bryant Mak Chi Lok
Tsui Wing
Chiu Man Tung
Candy Chu Yuen Yee
Ling Lai Man
Elton Loo
Wong Man Piu
Leo Tsang Kin Ming
Li Ming Lok
Queena Chan
Reyan Yan Ying
Bruce Li Hung Kit
Coson Leung Chi Cheong
Sung Tsz Ying
Mikako Leung Ka Wing
Ngai Wai Man
Fu Kim Hung
Lily Liu Lai Lai
Gordon Siu
Kwong Chor Fai
Marco Loo
Yellow Wong Yat Tung
Eric Chung
Summer Joe
Glen Lee Lam Yan
Ng Wai Shan
Brian Thomas Burrell
Poon Fong Fong
Law Tin Chi
Chiu Shek Man
Lee Hoi Sang
Lee Kai Kit

The first time I saw this was on Fairchild TV when it aired in Canada, around end of 2005. I got hooked onto it pretty much right away. It is one of the best series if you don’t count the poor cases and action.
I missed a few episodes and I think I didn’t see the ending that time so when I had the chance in 2007ish I watched the whole thing. It was still very good. It re-aired on Fairchild and that made me want to watch it again which I did.

Performances
This was the series that made me a ‘fan’ of Charmaine, she got the ‘best role’ in here and she made the series fun to watch. She was totally ‘into’ the character, which might partly be because she is similar to Ah Fa. She is the hilarious and silly one without being too over.

Sonija Kwok had an interesting role and clearly one of the most beautiful Ms HKs out there. She pulled off that pro and beauty look easily (maybe 7 Days will be even better).

Shirley Yeung had a disadvantage since each of the ‘angels’ are different and her role was not as good as the other two. She is not as experienced so it makes it worst.

Patrick Tam was kind of a waste but I guess they needed a male lead. The bad characteristic made me forget the good parts he had.

Stephen Au was a great role but too bad he was more of a cameo/supporting.

Ken Lok is one of my favorites in here/lots of other series. I heard he is back with TVB again, which is great news.

Gilbert Lam is also back with TVB? Must be ATV not having as many artists anymore.


The cases in this series makes Hong Kong seem like a very very dangerous place to be in (missile crisis, bomb attack, anthrax threat and political assassination). The action scenes and all that cannot be compared with others so if someone wants that this is not something to watch for.

This series talks a lot about female vs males, which is an interesting topic. In a way it might be a bit extreme on Sonija’s part. First time watching gave me a feeling of ‘what kind of women is she/this’ but after seeing other series Sonija is in and liking her, re-watching this and probably ‘growing up’, this topic is different. When it was focused on the 'angels' they were usually the best scenes.

The ending might be disappointing but it is something ‘new’. They could have made everything ‘perfect’ but I think I like this ending too. It doesn't seem like it would really be ‘the perfect ending’.

I don't know why I like this series so much. Maybe because the scene is dominated by Charmaine and Sonija and they made it great.
I would like to see these 3 work together again, or just Charmaine and Sonija work again. It’s been a while since 2 90’s Fa Dans worked together in general.

Sidenote: I also don't know why but I see lots of Chik's regular actors/actresses in here, maybe because I want to see Heaven And Earth pretty bad

My Rating: 9/10, might re-watch

0 comments:

Post a Comment