About F.B.I.

A few thoughts on the series and movies watched



Genre: Comic, Action, Wuxia
Released year: 2009
Length: 110 minutes
Production studio/Film company: Universe Entertainment Limited, Chengtian Entertainment, and Sil-Metropole Organization
Distributer/Publisher: Universe Films Distribution Company Limited, Golden Village Pictures, Mediacorp Raintree Pictures, Spentzos Films, Splendid Film, and Vendetta Films
Producers: Pang Brothers, Danny Pang Fat, Oxide Pang Chun, Alvin Lam, and Cheung Hong Tat
Directors: Pang Brothers
Scriptwriters: Pang Brothers, Pang Pak Sing, and Timax Wong
Filmed location: Thailand
Rating: Hong Kong – IIB
Number of times watched: 1

The ManHau 'Fung Wan' by Ma Wing Shing made into a movie, second time.

Cast
Arron Kwok Fu Shing as Cloud
Ekin Cheng Yee Kin as Wind
Charlene Choi Cheuk Yin as Second Dream
Nicholas Tse Ting Fung as Heart
Tiffany Tang Yan as Chu Chu
Simon Yam Tat Wah as Lord Godless
Kenny Ho Ka King as Nameless
Patrick Tam Yiu Manas The Emperor
Kenny Wong Tat Bun as Lord Wicked
Lam Suet as Piggy King
Candy Liu as The Princess
Anson Leung Chun yat as Earth
Bryon Pang Kwun Ki as Sky
Chan Wing Chun as Chief Eunuch Cho
Sammy Hung
Tuan Chun Chief as The Empress

I never saw the comic before but I have seen a bit of the tv series (China/Taiwan production?) and liked it, I might have seen the first movie but if I did I don’t remember. I wasn’t going to watch this knowing it was going to be full of Computer Graphics but I still did. The graphics and fighting scenes were well done although not the best out there.

I don’t know how much it followed or used the comic as the backdrop but I believe the comic would have a bit more dialogue than the movie and when they do have dialogue it feels really slow. This lack of dialogue really needs the actors to bring out the story, it seems like the costume and makeup did the job instead of the actors. The computer graphics filled most the screen hence hardly anything to watch other than that. That lead to the story not being told. I fell asleep after 30 minutes of the movie (minus the fact that I am still sick and tired but falling asleep?). Only the first 10 minutes was the most interesting than it became boring.
The actresses were useless in here. I guess I will need to know the whole comic/story to know what happened before or even to understand the whole beginning.

It is also said to have a sequel so maybe 5 years later the story can be finished. No start and no finish, what kind of movie is this? Well a movie made of computer graphics, which is not something I’d like to watch.

My Rating: 6/10, won't re-watch

0 comments:

Post a Comment