About F.B.I.

A few thoughts on the series and movies watched

Feb 16, 2010

Cupid Stupid Thoughts


Genre: Modern, Romance
Number of episodes: 20 (~45 minutes)
Released year: 2010
Executive company: TVB
Producer: Tsui Yue On.
Script editors/supervisors: Chan Ching Yee, and Lau Chi Wah…
Filmed location: Hong Kong
Theme song: ‘Heard’ by Steven Ma
Number of times watched: 0.5

Using horoscope as the backdrop to talk about romance and fate.

Cast
Steven Ma as Chi Yat Po
Tavia Yeung as Twinkle Kan Ngo Lam
Michael Tse as Jeff Koon Sing Ho
Mandy Cho as Anna Fong Cheuk Kei
Kingdom Yuen as Chi Kam Kiu
Lau Dan as Chi Kam Kwai
Albert Lo Ho Kai as Kan Wing Chung
Ram Chiang as Greeny Yip Sheung Mau
Lee Kwok Lun as Leung Bing
Shermon Tang as Wong Mei Guen
Ruco/Benny Chan as Frankie Chung Kin Bong
Susan Tse
Yu Yang
Law Lok Lam
Teresa Ha Ping
Peter Lai
Helen Ma
Jack Wu
Iris Wong Yat Tung
Fanny Up Hoi Yan
Fred Cheng
Benjamin Yuen
Cha Cha Chn
Chan Min Leung

I watched it because there was nothing to watch but I still ended dropping it because there was nothing special about it and started to get draggy and annoying.

Performances (up to episode 9)
Steven Ma was ‘weird’ because it aired after A Watchdog’s Tale, there was still Ah Kung in my head. A typical nice guy that is there to help Twinkle (Tavia).

Tavia Yeung was the sweet and lovely Twinkle but that doesn’t make it interesting for me to like her or continue with the series.

Michael Tse’s Jeff seemed to be the ‘inchy’ (chun) type that doesn’t care what others say as long as he feels/wants to he will do it. Did he take Elvina's glasses in Off Pedder, he seems to have quite a few pair.

Mandy Cho started off sweet but later turned annoying (around episode 7) when her annoying roommate/friend and she suspected something between Twinkle and Jeff.


If I didn’t see Susan Tse on the cast list I would have dropped it even earlier, when I dropped it she still didn't appear. The only thing that kept me watching was the supporting cast, Tsui Yue On uses Kingdom really well, Kingdom and Lee Kwok Lun were the ones that kept me watching. The sudden change in Lee Kwok Lun might be a bit weird or maybe not if something else happens later, but the bickering between these two were great to watch. Everytime these two are together, it made me smile or laugh.

If they used the theme horoscope a bit more than it might be more interesting and I might actually watch the whole thing.

My Rating: 3/10, won't continue

0 comments:

Post a Comment